Digital Marketing / Marketing Strategy / Sales Growth / E-commerce
Jason Kyle Scott
Seasoned, energetic marketing executive with exceptional 19-year record of achievement in developing and directing strategic digital marketing initiatives in ever-changing, dynamic settings. Expertise in technology environment including e-commerce, retail, B2B, data analytics, and SaaS. Solid history of success in start-ups, non-profits, and both medium and small organizations. Achievements in key account development, branding, marketing strategy, and generating sales growth.
Proven track record of turning business concepts into viable products and services that produce revenue in early stage companies. Quickly determine required marketing components and efficiently execute growth-minded strategy. Experience with front-end developers, programmers, and designers, with strong understanding of programming-related methodologies allowing for development of value-based narrative for intended audience, rather than focusing on technical innovation.
Areas of Expertise:
Strategic Planning / Implementation
Analytics Reporting/ Interpretation
Email Campaigns/List Development
Drip/MailChimp/Constant Contact • Lead Generation/Conversion
Team Building and Leadership
E-Commerce/Web-Based Business Marketing
CRM and Sales Funnel
Paid Media Management
Adobe InDesign / PremierPro / Photoshop / Illustrator
Elizur International, Inc.
Virginia Beach, VA
Director of Marketing (2017 to Present)
Lead strategic planning, execution, and reporting in marketing, branding, commerce, digital, channel development, and analytics for this manufacturer and distributor of superior mouth-blown glass products. Develop wholesale buyer in-bound lead generation with targeted mix of multiple marketing channels. Create strategic initiatives to manage B2B e-commerce platform and B2C marketplaces. Direct all forms of media and communication to build customer base and reach sales goals. Routinely present metrics to C-suite. Create and maintain top marketing and design team to support organizational objectives.
- Successfully improved month-over-month search engine results position from 56.9 to 8.3 in 12 months.
- Increased web users in Q4 by 492% over Q3 with vast majority new users, while decreasing bounce rate by 18%.
- Established customer conversion rate of 4.65% from initial touch to qualified lead to customer. Achieved paid media click rates over 2.5% and average email open rates over 23%.
JS Digital Consulting
Virginia Beach, VA
Digital Marketing Consultant (2011 to 2017)
Led marketing agency that provided strategic marketing and communications to clients in a wide range of industries. Created initiatives to leverage digital strategies to grow organizations such as start-ups, non-profits, and mid-sized companies with multiple locations. Communicated key messages to defined target audiences to establish and maintain goodwill and understanding between each client organization and its public. Managed a flexible team of five to eight professionals in the programming, database engineering, graphic design, and front-end development as needed per project. Expertise in project management and adherence to budget and deadlines.
- Engineered simultaneous delivery of content management system (CMS) to five locations of a large faith-based organization including event management, large digital storefront, and online donation system.
- Successfully increased online donations 560+% year-over-year (rather than cash/check) saving client time and money.
- Created and implemented comprehensive public relations and branding campaign for media personality, increasing social media following from 0 to 10,000.
- Orchestrated multiple client speaking engagements, television appearances, conferences, and other events.
The Improvise Agency
Director of Marketing and Operations (2009 to 2011)
Developed and executed digital designs and high-end web integration and development. Excelled in e-commerce platform development (Magento), enterprise resource planning platforms, custom database solutions, and content management systems (WordPress).
- Spearheaded major e-commerce integration solution for 100-employee manufacturer under tight 90-day deadline with 3,000 SKUs and database middle layer syncing inventory, sales, payment gateway, manufacturing, shipping, and accounting.
- Adhered to average budget of $130K per client.
Seventh Point Advertising, Marketing, and PR
Virginia Beach, VA
Digital Marketing Director / Interim Public Relations Director (2008 to 2009)
Designed and executed first digital marketing strategies for this full-service advertising agency with 30 employees previously focused on television production, media buying, and print advertising. Instituted interactive services department and developed service offerings and pricing. Created strategic briefs for each major account, collaborating with account managers. Managed team of four account managers across 12 accounts as Interim Public Relations Director. Supported efforts to grow existing and acquire new clients.
- Led work that received two Addy Awards in interactive category and two Pinnacle Awards (Virginia Department of Transportation) for excellence in public relations.
- Notable clients included Popeye’s Chicken, TowneBank, and Virginia Department of Transportation.
Electronic Systems Inc., (A Xerox Company)
Virginia Beach, VA
Account Manager (2005 to 2008)
Initiated B2B technology solutions and services for small- to enterprise-level clients for this 150-employee hardware and technology services provider. Collaborated with engineering and sales teams across 20 original equipment manufacturer accounts to create server, PC, print, and IP telephony solutions.
- Recognized for exceeding 100% of sales goal with $1+M new revenue (15% increase) in first year.
- Awarded Samsung sales recognition for new account sales of high-end displays, outperforming 20 account managers.
- Developed customer relationships with enterprise client Maersk Line Shipping to win deployment of 200-seat Cisco IP telephony solution
Vice President of Marketing and Communications (2003 to 2005)
Co-authored business plan, pitch deck, initial feature set, pricing structure, and product marketing strategy for this technology start-up designing a virtual desktop computing environment. Identified product fit, target audience, and competitive landscape. Developed crucial business, investor, and customer relationships.
- Achieved alpha stage software delivery to investors in second year of self-funding.
- Recognized for innovation by Oregon’s governor; first inductee into state’s incubator program.
Chief Executive Officer / Chief Marketing Officer (1999 to 2003)
Starting from scratch, achieved steady growth in traffic and revenue for this provider of consumer and B2B holiday decorations and services. Revenues doubled in Y2 with innovative business and marketing strategies. Received national press coverage and number one rank for several Christmas keywords on Yahoo and Google. Fostered relationships with the dominant digital agencies, doubling ad sales to $300+K in Y3. To meet 50% increase in ad demand, expanded to other sites and created Christmas Ad Network with 12-15 million monthly ad impressions. Promoted to CEO to fully execute transition to e-commerce strategy, fruitfully partnering with multiple distributors.
- By Y3, managed 1000+ pages of content, with 5M unique monthly visitors in Q4.
- Monthly ad inventory reached 10+M impressions with 90% of inventory sold in Y3.
- Negotiated exclusive online promotional partnership with USA movies, leading to DVD menu system, movie product placement, and promotion on each DVD.
- Successfully sold company in 2003.
Education and Awards
- Bachelor of Science in Mass Communications – Norfolk State University – Norfolk, VA
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year, Small Business Administration
- Small Business of the Year, Norfolk Chamber of Commerce
- Volunteer of the Year, Mount Lebanon Baptist Church
- Two Addy Awards
- Pinnacle Award
Contact Jason about opportunities.
Share your email and I'll notify you when I publish.